- Leading Contract Manufacturer
- Exciting Permanent Opportunity
- Fast Paced, Dynamic Working Environment
Sphere Healthcare is a leading Australian-owned contract manufacturer of Complementary Healthcare Products, based in Sydney with easy access to major motorways.
As the NPD Technologist, you will be the key conduit between Sales, R&D, Technical and Operations to deliver all new product projects across multiple categories. The successful candidate will play a key role in turning innovative concepts in to tangible new products. You will work closely with multiple business units to achieve set deadlines and will own the overall NPD process end to end.
To be successful in this role you should have at least 3 years New Product Development experience and ideally you will come from a Pharmaceutical or FMCG background. Project management experience will be essential to ensure that all product initiatives are delivered to the end market on time and within budget.
- Identifying gaps in the market and develop concepts to maximize business opportunities
- Provide enhancements to existing products
- Liaise with local suppliers and internal R&D team
- Product launch and project implementation
- Conducting pilot plant and factory test runs
- Quality control and ensuring the implementation of quality control standards are met
- Performing cost/benefit analysis on new product concepts
- Assisting in the management of department KPI’s
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with key internal customers
Skills & Experience:
- A tertiary qualification in Naturopathy, Food Science or related subjects
- Experience in product development of short shelf life consumer products
- Exposure to working with flavor enhancers and herbal formulations
- Sound knowledge of Organic Superfoods would be viewed favourably
- Comprehensive understanding of category, marketing and brand planning
- Proven ability to take complicated information and communicate effectively
- Pro-active, high initiative and highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and improve efficiencies
- Time management skills to achieve deadlines, work under conflicting time pressures
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service to suppliers and customers
Good written and verbal communication skills together with knowledge of basic computer work processing, spreadsheets, MRP and SAP software systems could make you the successful candidate for this role. A strong awareness of Chinese culture and language would also be an advantage.
If you feel you have the above experience and skill set, submit your covering letter and resume via Seek.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.