- Leading Healthcare Manufacturer
- Exciting Permanent Opportunity
- Fast Paced, Dynamic Working Environment
Sphere Healthcare is a leading Australian-owned contract manufacturer of Complementary Healthcare Products, based in Sydney with easy access to major motorways.
We are currently seeking an energetic, motivated and results driven R&D Chemist. With a “hands on” approach we will challenge your skills in this critical role. Our current product portfolio covers soft gel & hard gel capsules, tablets, liquids, creams and powder products. Formulation experience with all these products would be an advantage to deliver technical advice to our manufacturing environment.
The successful applicant will work within a team that provides a practical, outcome-orientated approach to process and product development as well as providing assistance toward New Product Development. With a strong commitment to standards, quality and safety values, the team perform R&D on new materials, processes and method development to drive operational improvements across the business.
Role Responsibilities :
- Develop and present new production formulations
- Scale-up of approved formulations
- Conduct new product development trials
- Identify and implement techniques to drive improvements
- Provide technical and hands on support to QA and Production
- Ability to solve problems with materials and methods during manufacture
- Engage in day-to-day troubleshooting
- Able to improve current and write new SOP’s
- Ensure adherence to quality requirements, GMP, regulatory compliance and general housekeeping
- Liaising with customers and clients on technical issues as required
Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Chemistry
- At least five year’s experience in pharmaceutical or an allied industry
- Formulating experience ideally covering tablets, hard gel & soft gel capsules, liquids/creams and powder products
- Working knowledge and ability to interpret the Australian cGMP and TGA regulations
- High level of attention to detail, initiative and strong work ethic
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong ability in planning and organising
- Self starters able to work on their own or as part of a team to achieve challenging deadlines
Good written and verbal communication skills together with knowledge of basic computer word processing, spreadsheets, MRP and SAP software systems could make you the successful candidate for this role. A strong awareness of Chinese culture and language would also be an advantage.
If you feel you have the above experience and skill set, submit your covering letter and resume via Seek.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.